[strongSwan] android: No support for MODP_2048 in 1.3.3?

Mikael Magnusson mikma264 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 16:14:10 CET 2013

The Android app stopped working with my VPN gateway after upgrading to version 1.3.3 in Google Play Store. Apparently the current version fails to connect to a peer which requires MODP_2048, since the following message can be seen in the logs on the peer.

[IKE] DH group MODP_1024 inacceptable, requesting MODP_2048

I still run the older 1.3.0 on a device and it works with my gateway. Any reason to remove or disable support for the stronger MODP_2048 in the current version?