[strongSwan] Centos6.5, building SS 5.1.1 or 5.1.2dr2 fails

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Fri Dec 20 11:45:02 CET 2013

Hi Kimmo,

> update 2: fixed the issue, capabilities.h is the one that needs fixing.

Interesting.  Here is a quote from the sys/capability.h header on CentOS
6.5 that is included by utils/capabilities.h:

> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <stdint.h>
>
> /*
>  * Make sure we can be included from userland by preventing
>  * capability.h from including other kernel headers
>  */
> #define _LINUX_TYPES_H
> #define _LINUX_FS_H
> #define __LINUX_COMPILER_H
> #define __user
> #define _ASM_X86_SIGCONTEXT_H
> #define _ASM_POWERPC_SIGCONTEXT_H
> #define _SPARC_SIGCONTEXT_H
>
> typedef unsigned int __u32;
> typedef __u32 __le32;
>
> #include <linux/capability.h>

Whereas a more recent version on Ubuntu looks like this:

> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <stdint.h>
> #include <linux/types.h>
>
> /*
>  * Required to limit what gets defined in the kernel header file.
>  */
> #ifndef __user
> #define __user
> #endif
> #include <linux/capability.h>

Because the header file on CentOS defines _LINUX_TYPES_H without
actually including linux/types.h it can't later be included by tun_device.c.

I pushed a fix for this to our repository [1].

Regards,
Tobias

[1] http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=commitdiff;h=bfa220153