[strongSwan] query regarding reautentication in strongswan

Poonam2 Gupta poonam2.gupta at aricent.com
Tue Aug 27 12:17:17 CEST 2013

Hi There,

We are developing ePDG stack solution. As part of that, We need to support fast-reauthentication in IKEv2.
In case of fast-reauthentication, IKE tunnel is established from scratch  but GTP tunnel remains intact.

But due to strongswan behavior, we are not able to support the same as strongswan first deletes the old IKE tunnel then creates a new one. As part of old IKE tunnel deletion, GTP tunnel is also removed, so the purpose of re-authentication is not met.

Can anyone throw some light on this?

Regards
Poonam

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.