[strongSwan] NAT mappings of ESP CHILD_SA changed !!!

Kesava Srinivas keshavsrinu at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 16:17:30 CEST 2013

Thank U for responding back.

<What's the point of changing the ports for certain traffic anyway?>
We are doing Policy Based routing in our Next Hop Router based on IP Header
Options. For the next hop router all the 5 tuple looks equal and hence we
are facing NAT Problems when routing a packet via a different interface
than the previous packet's routed interface (as U might be already knowing
the fact that NAT & CONN Track are tightly coupled modules). Once the
Kernel remembers the First Packet's 5 Tuple information and it's in/out
interfaces ., then for second packet ; it is trying to apply the same (NAT
IP). For that reason we want to have some metric in 5 tuple to differ and
looks like a different packet to the Next Hop Router's kernel. And
Obviously with out option the only one available was Source Port.

Well, I will try to patch the kernel_handler.c file but as U raised., still
need to see how it goes with the Kernel !!!

-Regards,
VKS.