[strongSwan] Bypassing traffic to local LAN

Jiehan Zheng zheng at jiehan.org
Sat Aug 10 15:12:19 CEST 2013

Hi,

I am using strongSwan 5.1.0 and my connection is using IKEv2.  The
rightsubnet on my machine and leftsubnet on the server are both 0.0.0.0/0,
causing all the traffic, including local LAN traffic from being sent
through IPsec.  I am looking for a way to exempt local traffic from being
sent to the server.  I've read through this thread:
https://lists.strongswan.org/pipermail/users/2010-March/004614.html

However, it's been three years so I am wondering if there is a better way,
now with version 5.1.0 and charon, to achieve this?

Thanks,

Jiehan