[strongSwan] 5.0.4 and XP IPSec

Imran R houstontoca at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 6 10:48:53 CEST 2013

Ok, I have strongswan 5.0.4 on linux. I have tested with android, iphone and I can connect ipsec/l2tp no problem. But when I try xp, things dont work. Searched around, and did not find any answer. So any one has any clue as to what is different with XP client ? I get this far
CHILD_SA l2tpserver{5} established with SPIs ce2e3233_i db7a8395_o and TS 10.8.8.1/32[udp/l2f] === 10.8.8.147/32[udp/l2fthen I getparsing DELETE_V1 payload, and then its gone.
Aug  6 08:26:44  daemon.info syslog: 04[IKE] received DELETE for IKE_SA l2tpserver[5]Aug  6 08:26:44  daemon.info syslog: 04[IKE] deleting IKE_SA l2tpserver[
xp gives me err 651.
any hints ???
        authby=psk                                                                      compress=no                                                                     keyexchange=ikev1                                                               rekey=yes                                                                       keyingtries=3                                                                   type=transport                                                                  left=10.8.8.1                                                                   leftfirewall=yes                                                                leftprotoport=17/1701                                                           rightprotoport=17/1701        rightid=%any                                                                    auto=add