[strongSwan] query for behaviour of DPD

Mukesh Yadav write2mukesh84 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 12:06:53 CEST 2013

Hi,

I want to seek behaviour confirmation on particular scenario of DPD...

If tunnel is created with peer and we send keep-alive message to peer with
msgid as 0.
and peer responds with wrong message ID(lets say 10)...
This happens for X times(configured number of re-tries for DPD)

On receiving such response shall we assume that peer is alive and and
refresh the dpd time or we shall assume peer dead after configured number
of re-tries...

All other content except msgid are correct and we are even able to decrypt
the message properly..

Thanks
Mukesh