[strongSwan] keep tunnel alive

Justin Cinkelj justin.cinkelj at xlab.si
Thu Apr 4 19:42:39 CEST 2013

dpdaction, dpddelay and dpdtimeout are three relevant parameters.
With DPD enabled, packet is sent every dpddelay seconds (when there is
no normal traffic).
With this three settings, client did auto reconnect if server exited
normaly (or if server was killed with SIGHUP).

But if server process was 'kill -9'-ed, things didn't work as expected
(connection might come back, but only temporally).
Server was strongswan 4.6.4, client 4.5.2 and IKEv2 was used.

I'm interested how this will work for you, and what will be your final
configuration.

Bye Justin