[strongSwan] Strongswan needs periodic restart to re-enable traffic between sites

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Apr 4 19:33:12 CEST 2013

Hi Andreas,

from you ipsec.conf file I see that you configured

      dpddelay        = 30s
      dpdtimeout      = 20s

with dpdtimeout being shorter than dpdelay. This means that
your connection restarts before the first DPD check happens.
We recommend for dpdtimeout to be betwen 4-5 times higher
than dpddelay, so that the connection is cut only if 4-5
keep-alive packets are not received. In your case:

      dpddelay        = 30s
      dpdtimeout      = 150s

Regards

Andreas