[strongSwan] why strongswan 4.6.4 resstart automatically soomtimes?

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Tue Apr 2 10:13:22 CEST 2013

Hi,

> The dameon modules of charon said it receive the signal 10 and kill itself.
> I check usage of linux signal in the manual of linux, and find that signal
> 10 means SIGBUS because of bad memory access.

Under which architecture does your system run? What compiler did you
use?

To identify the issue, it would help to get a backtrace from where that
SIGBUS is raised. You may try to run charon in the foreground with
"ipsec start --attach-gdb". If you don't have gdb on that system, "ipsec
start --nofork" might work, as a backtrace gets printed to stderr if
your system features the backtrace() call.