[strongSwan] [Windows 8 / IKEv2] Can't connect windows 8 client

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Sep 24 09:32:52 CEST 2012

Hi François,

> Even if my certs are correctly installed on the client, windows is still
> sending a private IP adress to the server instead of the client cert
> signature. Why?

Looks like a regression in Windows 8.

> Or maybe there's a simple trick around there to make it works.

You may try the patch at [1] and set the strongswan.conf option
charon.cert_id_binding to no. This has serious security concerns,
though, as any client with a valid certificate can impersonate any
identity.

[1]http://git.strongswan.org/?p=strongswan.git;a=commitdiff;h=7f03c277