[strongSwan] Multiple connections - parameters from first conn are used?

Mark M mark076h at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 06:44:39 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am having trouble having multiple connections in the same ipsec.conf setup. Sometimes when a connection comes up and it is the second connection in the ipsec.conf file, strongSwan tries to use parameters from the first connection listed. For example if i define the ike and esp algorithms in the second connection listed, it would always use the ike and esp parameters listed in my first connection. To fix this i had to deleted or #out the paramters in the first connection listed for my second connection to work properly. Also i think when it tries to match a config to a certificate id, if each connection has similar parameters, it will use the first connection it finds going from top-to-bottom. Is this normal behavior?

Mark-