[strongSwan] Prompting for Credentials with strongswan 5

richter at ecos.de richter at ecos.de
Mon Sep 10 14:21:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

I would like to popup a Dialog when xauth credentials or a smartcard pin is needed and not provided by the config files.

I don't want to use network manager.

I saw that there is a credential manager which is in charge of this job and that it seems to be possible to write a plugin that gets ask for the credentials, which can in turn take care about the user prompt etc.

As far as I see there is no such plugin yet, right?

I have looked through the doxgen docs and the source to get an idea how to write such plugin, but it's not really clear to me how credential manager works in detail.

Are there any additional docs or any plugin that I can use as starting point?

Any hints that points me in the right direction are welcome

Gerald