[strongSwan] Running dual instances of strongswan

T Cheung tccheung1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 07:47:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have 2 instances of strongswan running.  I re-named all the
executables and scripts
and expected no interference between them.  I have ran these
concurrently for a long
time.  Recently I found that shutting down one instance actually terminates the
tunnel of the other.  Upon further investigation I think when starter
exits it deletes
all the SAs, even ones that are not created by itself.  After I
removed the SA deletion
code from one, the other tunnel remains up.

I wonder if this is a good workaround.  Is there any resources leaked
if starter does
not delete SAs when exiting?  Will it reuse those same SAs when it
comes back up?
Or each time it exits more and more resources are leaked?

Thanks,
Terry