[strongSwan] Send all traffic over site-to-site tunnel?

Mark M mark076h at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 05:29:17 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

I finally got it working. I had to set the righsubnet=0.0.0.0/0 on my client and the leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0 on my remote server. Now something strange is going on. The clients on the LAN can only send traffic across the tunnel and have it routed back if I add the LAN subnet route to the table 220 routing table. So if my LAN subnet is 192.168.56.0/24 I have to do a "ip route add 192.168.56.0/24 via 192.168.56.1 dev eth0 proto static src 192.168.56.1 table 220"

Is that normal behavior or a bug? Also how could I add this route automatically when i bring up the connection?

Thanks for the help.

Mark-