[strongSwan] multicast packets go across the the VPN tunnel

Richard Andrews richard.andrews at symstream.com
Tue Sep 4 03:33:31 CEST 2012

Only multicast exists at layer 3. Broadcast is a layer 2 artefact.

I don't know the answer but the test to try is setting up leftsubnet and
rightsubnet to allow some multicast group traffic to be tunnelled.

There may be other factor that come into play such as whether the kernel
allows multicast forwarding.