[strongSwan] Split tunneling with Strongswan 5.x

Peter van Liesdonk pvl at compumatica.eu
Thu Nov 15 08:55:25 CET 2012

You are correct, "rightsubnet" serves this purpose.
Unfortunately IOS devices ignore this setting and route everything over
the VPN anyway.
They only support split-tunneling via the Unity extension.

This is fixed by enabling the 'Unity' plugin available from 5.0.1
With that plugin enabled the rightsubnet directive works as intended.

Regards,
Peter