[strongSwan] IKE_SA/CHILD_SA instance

yordanos beyene yordanosb at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:30:43 CET 2012

Thank you Tobia, and Martin.

It is good to know the identifier is unique.

I have a couple more related questions?

Is it possible to have multiple CHILD_SA under the same IKE_SA ?

Is it possible to have multiple CHILD_SA with different connection <NAME>
under the same IKE_SA.

The reason I am asking is that I want to know if it is possible to delete
IKE_SA, with CHILD_SA identifier. That is if a CHILD_SA identifier is "n",
can I use "ipsec down [n]" to delete the associated IKE_SA?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Jordan.