[strongSwan] [Strongswan] Authentication based on X.509 using DN identification has failed and getting errors

SaRaVanAn saravanan.nagarajan87 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 11:56:54 CET 2012

Hi Tobias,
    I understand that IKE_AUTH response should contain IDr payload.

Topology
_______
Netgear (Initiator)   ---- Strongswan(Responder)
   35.0.0.1                      35.0.0.2

                     But I don't agree with the above point. Netgear is not
sending an empty IDi payload. It's sending  a valid IDi payload with proper
identification data and I attached IKEv2 packet dumps (strongswan -Netgear)
for your reference.  I guess there is some problem in Strongswan IKE_AUTH
request parsing code for dn identification.

Please correct me , If I am wrong.

Thanks in advance.