[strongSwan] ipsec status command hangs and tunnels are non- functional

Shukla, Sanjay Sanjay.Shukla at ipc.com
Wed May 23 05:41:47 CEST 2012

I am experiencing an intermittent issue, when I restart ipsec, it seems connectivity is not present as ping to the tunnel end points does not work.

Then when I try to findout the status of tunnels by 'ipsec status' it seems to just get stuck and not return.

This goes on for about 30 minutes and then 'ipsec status' may again resume. While it is stuck I can ping non-tunnel end points.

What can I do to get more information on why this is happening.

Version
Linux strongSwan U4.6.2/K2.6.18-274.el5

Uname -a
Linux 2.6.18-274.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jul 8 17:36:59 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My connection setting as follows, I have about 15 of such connections.

#Below Are The Configuration for CCM_CCM IPSec Tunnel
conn LocalIP_LocalIP_10.204.74.188
        left=10.204.74.189
        leftcert=ServLcl.pem
        leftsendcert=yes
        leftupdown=/opt/ipc/security/ipsectunnel/rightdown.sh
        right=10.204.74.188
        rightid=%any
        keyexchange=ikev2
        type=transport
        reauth=no
        dpddelay=5s
        dpdaction=restart
        keyingtries=%forever
        auto=route

regards,
-sanjay

 [cid:watersranking2012_voteforipcemailsignature_web2e8d.jpg] <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WatersRankings2012>

[cid:green-logo17dc.jpg]Please consider the environment before printing this email.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unintended recipients are prohibited from taking action on the basis of information in this e-mail.E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient. If you are not comfortable with the risks associated with e-mail messages, you may decide not to use e-mail to communicate with IPC. IPC reserves the right, to the extent and under circumstances permitted by applicable law, to retain, monitor and intercept e-mail messages to and from its systems.