[strongSwan] Xauth issue with Sidewinder

Bill Carlson billcarlson at wkks.org
Thu May 17 17:09:19 CEST 2012

Hey all,

Having an issue with using authby=xauthrsasig from my workstation
against a McAfee Sidewinder config.

I've verified most of the config is fine EXCEPT for xauth by rolling
back to authby=rsasig and no other change, setting Sidewinder policy to
just Single Certificate. Then VPN goes up and is good.

Here's the problem I keep seeing when xauth is enabled (which I really
need):

"#6: user password attribute is missing in XAUTH request"

What does that indicate I need to fix?

Thanks,

--
Bill Carlson

Anything is possible, given Time and Money.