[strongSwan] Ikev2 SADs issue

Indira Manthri indira.mantri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 09:45:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

I configured ipsec tunnel between (H1 and H2) using ikev2 template. And
when I send some traffic, the IPSec-SAs are getting established with out
any issues.
But when I issue "setkey -F" on the local node (H1), the remote node(H2)
SADs are not getting flushed.
There is no delete message sent to the remote end(H2) from H1.

And after this when i send traffic from my local node(H1) to the remoted
node, a new ipsec-sa is established and there will be two SAD entries on
host H1 but there are 4 SAD entries on H2.

Is this correct behaviour? Could you please let me know if there is any
patch which I need to apply.

Note: This issue is observed for both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.
1. I enabled "ipsec stroke loglevel any 4" and when I do "setkey -F" on a
node, I donot observe any logs for this.

Could you please help me in fixing this issue

Thank you,
Indira