[strongSwan] Using Strongswan as an IKEv2 daemon

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Wed Mar 21 09:45:36 CET 2012

Hello Deepika,

please have a look at our Mobile IPv6 scenario

http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/MobileNodeSetup

where the MIPv6 daemon installs the policy. With the ipsec.conf
option

   installpolicy=no

you can prevent the charon daemon from installing and deleting
IPsec policies. You can then use the

   reqid=<number>

option to match acquire messages from the kernel to connection
definitions so that the IPsec SA is going to be set up by the
daemon.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org