[strongSwan] charon: [15]CFG trap not found, unable to acquire reqid 0

Vilhelm Jutvik ville at sics.se
Tue Mar 20 20:14:51 CET 2012

Dear Tobias,

thank you very much. I thought that charon was signalled by the IPsec
stack's SPD when a new SA was to be negotiated, not that it itself set
the policy.

Your solution didn't work right away though. I found that "ipsec
start" only started the starter process and nothing more. It was not
until I removed the charondebug option of the config section (as seen
below) that it started. It works though if you limit the debugging
level and / or the number of debugging options. I've reproduced this
several times just to be sure. Why is this?

The problem line was (in full):
charondebug="asn 3,knl 3,mgr 3,ike 3,chd 3,net 3,enc 3"
It works if you change it so (e.g.) charondebug="ike 3"

My strongswan version is 4.5.2 as included in Ubuntu 11.10

Sincerely,
Vilhelm Jutvik
MS Thesis Student at SICS