[strongSwan] kernel SPD policy not installed until successful IKE negotiation completes

Alexander Lyakas alex.bolshoy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 14:28:51 CET 2012

Thanks, Tobias!

I ended up specifying "auto=route" and then calling "ipsec whack
--initiate --name <name> --asynchronous" to immediately kick the
initial negotiation.

It would be good if "auto" could have an option to both install the
policy and initiate negotiation (both "route" and "start"). I guess
this is not possible right now, isn't it?

Thanks,
  Alex.