[strongSwan] virtual IP request with IPv6 in IPv4 use case

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Wed Jun 20 09:40:12 CEST 2012

Hi Stephen,

I set up an IPv6-in-IPv4 test case with virtual IPv6 addresses
and this scenario does not work indeed:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/20120620-0806/ipv6/rw-ip6-in-ip4-ikev2/

On the gateway side we get

Jun 20 08:06:50 moon charon:
  01[ENC] parsed IKE_AUTH request 1 [ IDi CERT .. CP(ADDR) .. ]
     ..
  01[IKE] peer requested virtual IP %any
  01[CFG] assigning new lease to 'carol at strongswan.org'
  01[IKE] assigning virtual IP fec3::1 to peer 'carol at strongswan.org'
  01[IKE] traffic selectors fec1::/16 === 0.0.0.0/0  inacceptable

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)