[strongSwan] IKE_SA getting established even without CA cert being present

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Mon Jun 18 09:01:41 CEST 2012

Hi,

each endpoint loads its own certificate  with

  leftcert=defaultCertificate.pem

from a local file and has explicit trust in it
even if the CA certificate is not present. Since
the peer uses the identical defaultCertificate,
trust is also put into the peer.

You need a CA only if your peer has a certificate
different from the defaultCertificate.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org