[strongSwan] site 2 site does not work ...

Dr.Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Wed Jun 6 14:41:06 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how build something like a
side2side connection using strongswan.
We have an external host with a private subnet (10.0.1.0/24).
This subnet should be visible from the gw host and all
hosts within the subnet of gw host.
Here is an overview

	       external host
10.0.1.0/24 - 10.01.1     2.2.2.2

	       gw host
         3.3.3.0/22 - 3.3.3.123

So how can I make the external network accessaible
from our network ?
I did not find any example (or did not look at the right place ..).
The host-host connection is working fine, but a ping into the external
network does not reach the destination, but can be seen in the log of
the external host. Therefore the routing (in both directions) seems to
be the problem.

Any help would be welcome!

--
Bye,