[strongSwan] Test Vectors

Chris Rogers crogers122 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 20:31:08 CEST 2012

Hey all,

Wanted to use SS's built in test framework to verify the correctness of
some crypto implementations on BSD and was unable to load the test
vectors.  Specifically, I checked my charon.log file and found:

"AES_CBC[aes]: no test vectors found"
"3DES_CBC[des]: no test vectors found"
                         ...etc

The message is the same for all of the crypto and authentication functions
I've asked SS to load.  To try and get a baseline (since the SS BSD port
doesn't have the full functionality), I went and attempted to load the test
vectors under Linux and had the same issue.  I followed the instructions on
the SS site concerning enabling testing in the ./configure options and
strongswan.conf file.  In addition, I verified that the test_vector plugin
exists under libstrongswan and each of the .c files are there as well.

Any ideas would be helpful, thanks.

Chris