[strongSwan] ifconfig eth0 mtu 1400 < 1500

Luca Salvatore Luca at ninefold.com
Wed Jul 25 12:59:59 CEST 2012

I have also seen this issue recently.  Only the SS serve itself was fine, but anything behind it needed to have the MTU lowered.

I had SS running on Ubuntu 12 and I saw the issue occurring on centos servers that were behind the VPN. Funnily enough, windows severs behind the VPN had no issues at all.

Never found a proper fix.... Would be interested if anyone has an idea here.... I was thinking something to do with the Ubuntu SS server blocking MTU path discovery.