[strongSwan] SS5, Mode Config Push

Kimmo Koivisto koippa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:01:59 CEST 2012

Hello

SS5 lacks the IKEv1 Mode Config Push as stated in
http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/CharonPlutoIKEv1

I don't know much about Cisco client and would appreciate if someone
could clarify this to me:

- does the lack of Push mode mean that SS5 as client has problems with
Cisco devices.
- or that Cisco client cannot use Mode Config at all (without xauth)
against SS5 server?

If I use SS5 as a server, can I (without Push) do:
- Use Cisco client with Xauth and it uses Pull to get the configs?
- Use Cisco client without Xauth and it uses Pull to get the configs?

So, I'm just trying to figure if Cisco clients can be used against SS5
at the moment?

If there any plans for the Push mode?

Regards,
Kimmo