[strongSwan] Radacct table remind empty while working with SS and freeRadius

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Fri Jul 20 07:45:06 CEST 2012

Hi Ohad,

in order for the RADIUS accounting to work you have to

- load the eap-radius plugin (usually done automatically
   if you compile strongSwan with ./configure --enable-eap-radius

- define the RADIUS IP address, password and accounting = yes
   in /etc/strongswan.conf as in the following example:

http://www.strongswan.org/uml/testresults5/ikev2/rw-radius-accounting/moon.strongswan.conf

You should then get accounting records of the following kind:

alice# cat /var/log/radius/radacct/10.1.0.1/*
Sat Jun 30 02:12:27 2012
	Acct-Status-Type = Start
	Acct-Session-Id = "1341015144-1"
	User-Name = "carol"
	Calling-Station-Id = "192.168.0.100[4500]"
	NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
	NAS-Identifier = "strongSwan"
	NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.0.1
	Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "13fd26c67cd8d1be"
	Timestamp = 1341015147
	Request-Authenticator = Verified

Sat Jun 30 02:12:35 2012
	Acct-Status-Type = Stop
	Acct-Session-Id = "1341015144-1"
	User-Name = "carol"
	Calling-Station-Id = "192.168.0.100[4500]"
	Acct-Output-Octets = 7100
	Acct-Input-Octets = 7100
	Acct-Session-Time = 7
	NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
	NAS-Identifier = "strongSwan"
	NAS-IP-Address = 10.1.0.1
	Acct-Unique-Session-Id = "13fd26c67cd8d1be"
	Timestamp = 1341015155
	Request-Authenticator = Verified

Best regards

Andreas