[strongSwan] Path of Execution

Chris Rogers crogers122 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 20:04:30 CEST 2012

All,

So over the past few weeks, I've been perusing through the StrongSwan
source, trying to get a better understanding of how a packet actually gets
encrypted, and then transmitted.  I'm still working in a *BSD environment,
and it would help me greatly if someone could shed light on the following:

- What libraries are called first to initiate encryption?
- In BSD, Kernel-Pfkey is responsible for interfacing with the kernel, but
where are the calls to kernel level encryption functions?

As of now, I'm only concerned with ESP.  Thanks for the help.

Chris