[strongSwan] Strongswan issues with Windows 7 clients

John Mara jaymara22 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 18:37:58 CEST 2012

Hi All,
My ipsec.conf is as below and using strongSwan 4.5.0 IPsec and Xl2tpd on ubuntu 10.04
config setup        nat_traversal=yes        plutostart=yes        charonstart=yes
conn L2TP-VPN        type=transport        keyexchange=ikev1        keyingtries=3        authby=psk        pfs=no        rekey=no        left=203.143.22.43        leftnexthop=%defaultroute        leftprotoport=17/1701        right=%any        rightprotoport=17/%any        rightsubnetwithin=0.0.0.0/0        auto=add
My issue is that my Windows XP works fine with this setup but I cannot get Windows 7 or Apple iPhone to work with this setup. Please let me know what i did wrong.
Thanks
Jay