[strongSwan] how to force re-try if received NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN notify error

gowrishankar gowrishankar.m at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Jul 5 19:28:20 CEST 2012

On Thursday 05 July 2012 09:40 PM, Shukla, Sanjay wrote:

> I have a host to host configuration
>
> The initiator  tried to create a tunnel to the peer, however a
> corresponding configuration was not found. Later on the peer updated
> its configuration and ipsec was restarted on the peer.
>
> However for my requirement I need the initiator to keep trying but it
> does not re-try if it receives  if received NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN notify
> error for that connection.
>
> Are there any setting I can do for this.
>
> Initiator config.
>
> conn LocalIP_VIP_10.204.74.68
>
>                 left=10.204.74.189
>
>                 leftcert=ServLcl.pem
>
>                 leftsendcert=yes
>
>                 right=10.204.74.68
>
>                 rightid=%any
>
>                 keyexchange=ikev2
>
>                 type=transport
>
>                 reauth=no

Not very sure what could happened in initiator side. Can you enable
verbose level 4
for charon.log and see what happens after ipsec is reastarted in peer.

http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/LoggerConfiguration

>                 dpddelay=5s
>
>                 dpdaction=restart
>
>                 closeaction=restart

Hope, ipsec is restarted with in /dpdtimeout /.

Regards,
Gowri Shankar
//