[strongSwan] VLAN using IPSec, AH and PSK

Praveen Baratam praveen.baratam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 23:21:38 CEST 2012

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to host my web-app infrastructure with a Public VPS provider.
As the VPS host's private network is accessible by all the VPSs hosted with
him and as many of my infrastructure components do not have any sort of
access control/auth, I need to isolate my VPSs from those of others and let
only my VPSs connect between themselves. I also need this to be done
transparently with as less over head as possible. I dont need privacy and
encryption.

I figured out that IPsec with just AH and shared secret can do this and I
want such a setup to work with any number of Hosts/VPSs. My virtual network
should extend to all VPSs/Hosts that know the shared secret.

Any help with configuring IPSec on Ubuntu for the above purpose will be a
life saver.

Thank you!