[strongSwan] ANNOUNCE: strongswan 5.0.0 released

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Sun Jul 1 15:43:07 CEST 2012

Hi,

I already communicated most of the details of the major strongSwan
5.0.0 release through my blog entry when we published the release
candidate:

http://www.strongswan.org/blog/2012/06/20/bye-bye-pluto.html

The monolithic charon keying daemon supporting both the IKEv1 and
IKEv2 protocol has now become reality and we put some coins (owls?)
on the eyes of the defunct pluto daemon. We are busy updating all
the info on our wiki, documenting all the minor changes and additions
but it will take some time to make all the information consistent.
At the same time we still intend to give support to all the people
who are stuck with the strongSwan 4.x branch for the time being.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
CH-8640 Rapperswil (Switzerland)