[strongSwan] Access to gateway & firewall

mail at rsmogura.net mail at rsmogura.net
Sat Jan 21 19:18:04 CET 2012

Hello,

I have configured road warrior gateway with IKEv2 everything works
almost fine. I would like to have access to some services on gateway and
secure those with Firewall.

I have configured gateway as follow
eth0 - public IP
dummy0 - virtual IPv6 address

Problem over here is that when I turn on firewall packets are rejected
because origin of (decrypted) packets is eth0. Is there any possibility
to route VPN traffic via dummy0, so firewall will see those as comming
from dummy0?

Server has Open Suse, with limited support to firewall. Strong swan
version is strongSwan U4.5.3/K3.1.0-1.2-default

Regards,
Radek