[strongSwan] Windows 7 seems to drop connection when rekeying main mode SA's

Hans-Kristian Bakke hkbakke at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 17:16:12 CET 2012

And one more thing:
The "Rekey"-document explains that the CHILD_SA rekey timer should be
more than 58m 46s if behind NAT and rekey active. This is the case in
my situation.
However, the configuration examples does not do anything to mitigate this.

When the connection is newly started I can see that Strongswan wants
to rekey CHILD_SA in about 48m (or around that).

Does this mean that I have to set the "lifetime" parameter for the
connection for i.e 90m (the default is 1h)

Mvh

Hans-Kristian Bakke
Mob: 91 76 17 38