[strongSwan] 3DES VPN throughput performance drop on 4.6.1

Morgan Yang morphyno at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 20:45:40 CET 2012

Hi All:

After examining my logs, 3DES throughput have dropped after moving from
4.5.0 to 4.6.1

When I was using 4.5.0, VPN traffic was stable at 96~97 mbps for both
AES128 and 3DES

After installing 4.6.1, VPN traffic for 3DES went down to just 89~90 mpbs
(8~9% decrease) while AES traffic remains stable at 96~97 mpbs

Nothing else changed on my setup during this time, which prompted me to ask
if there was a change that could cause this drop in performance.

Much Thanks
Morgan Yang