[strongSwan] Error compiling 4.6.1 under Debian

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Feb 17 10:31:42 CET 2012

I am trying to build a Debian package of 4.6.1 by updating the official
Strongswan 4.5.2 package.

When building under the latest Debian Sid, I get the following error. Is this
a known issue?

It's make 3.81, gcc 4.6.2.

make[5]: *** No rule to make target `../../../../src/libtnccs/libtnccs.la',
needed by `libstrongswan-eap-tnc.la'.  Stop.
make[5]: *** No rule to make target libstrongswan-eap-tnc.la'.  Stop.

I looked at the generated makefile and the necessary rules seemed to be there,
but I'm not as familiar with GNU autotools as I should be.