[strongSwan] Strongswan 5 ikev1 draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ike-02 support

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Dec 7 09:55:34 CET 2012

Hi Volker,

> Are there any plans to implement at least draft-ietf-ipsec-nat-t-ike-02
> in strongswan 5? Windows XP ipsec clients need this.

No, we currently have no plans to implement this version of NAT
traversal. L2TP/IPsec as used by Windows road warrior configurations is,
IMHO, broken by design when using it over NAT. And I don't think there
are much other uses cases for -02.

> If nobody is working on it, I will do it. Is there a chance to get this
> into the strongswan repositories?

Yes, if the code has the required quality. If the extension is
non-trivial, have a look at [1] and [2].

[1]http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Contributions
[2]http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/ProgrammingStyle