[strongSwan] strongswan 5 IKEv1

John Connett jrc at skylon.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 16:45:29 CEST 2012

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 15:26:39 +0100, Tobias Brunner <tobias at strongswan.org>
wrote:

> Hi Claude,
>
>> Is there a VPN client for Windows XP and Vista (preferably opensource)
>> that's easier to setup than the native Windows client ?
>
> Shrew [1] works reasonably well on these systems and at least parts of
> it are open source [2] (not the Windows frontend apparently).
>
> Regards,
> Tobias
>
> [1] http://www.shrew.net/software
> [2] http://www.shrew.net/download/ike

It is also possible that Shrew supports some of the Cisco quirks.  The
Linux frontend (ikea) can be configured with three Auto Configuration

I have tried using Shrew to connect to a Windows Azure Virtual Network, so
far without success (I have also tried the Connection Security Rules
option in Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Windows 8 Enterprise
Evaluation, also without success).

Is there any documentation on the Cisco quirks?  Windows Azure officially
supports a range of Cisco and Juniper devices which may handle these
quirks ...
--
John Connett