[strongSwan] question of returning unrequested DNS and DHCP server addresses in strongswan-5.0.0?

Mao, Zhiheng zmao at qualcomm.com
Wed Aug 22 06:37:49 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I have added the DNS and DHCP addresses to the strongswan.conf file on the Moon side and now Carol is able to receive these addresses. Since the configuration is done to the strongswan.conf, I am wondering if other clients, for example, Bob, will also receive these addresses. I guess this is the case, but what if Bob is not interested in receiving DNS and DHCP addresses and has not requested them in its IKEv2 messages, would this be considered an error of the server in which case the server is telling unwanted information to the client? Thank you very much for any clarification!

Regards,

Zhiheng