[strongSwan] Strongswan + OS X (Cisco IPsec) + default route?

Ben Beuchler insyte at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 21:19:55 CEST 2012

Thanks to considerable assistance from Andreas, I have a working OS X
=> strongswan IPsec tunnel (without L2TP, using the "Cisco IPsec" VPN
type on OS X).  Unfortunately, this tunnel immediately takes over the
default route on the client.

I've found a few hacks that require installing custom applescript to
override the default route, but I'm hoping there's a cleaner, better
way.  Any suggestions?

(Unfortunately, "Cisco IPsec" VPNs do not have the "Send all traffic
over VPN connection" checkbox in their advanced settings, like IPsec +
L2TP VPNs.)

Thanks!

-Ben