[strongSwan] Testing Carol to Alice in IKEV2 RSA RW scenario

Gia T. Nguyen gia.nguyen at metronome-software.com
Fri Aug 17 14:58:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm wondering if this is feasible.  I am trying to set up a portable
StrongSwan demo
environment using the IKEV2 RSA RW scenario.

I have 2 Androids serving as Carol and Dave, and one laptop serving as the
Moon StrongSwan GW.

The laptop (Moon) is talking to the Android phones via WiFi on its wlan0
interface.

Now, I'd like to also connect Moon via its eth0 interface to an internal
LAN, with a second laptop on the LAN serving as Alice.

Scenario:
--------
Moon's wlan0 is on subnet 192.186.1.0/16.
Carol and Dave (the Androids) are on subnet 192.168.1.0/16 via WiFi.

Moon's eth0 is on subnet 192.168.0.0/16.
Alice (the 2nd laptop) is on 192.168.0.0/16.

I'd like to be able to ping from Carol (the Android) to Alice via Moon.
Is it possible to bridge Moon's wlan0 to its eth0?

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Best Regards,
Gia Nguyen