[strongSwan] received EAP-AKA client error 'unable to process packet'

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Tue Sep 6 11:19:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

> daemon log shows "client error 'unable to process packet'", board side
> cann't log, it outputs something like 'MAC' error...

The error condition occurs on your board, probably because the MAC
calculated for authentication does not match. A more complete log from
the board would really help. Either your secrets don't match or maybe
there is a bug in the AKA algorithm on your platform.

> I used cross-compilation to install strongswan onto the arm board, and
> didn't enable padlock option, could that be the reason?
> however, it's a pity that it'll show error message "impossible
> constraint in 'asm'" during 'Make' phase if padlock option enabled.

Padlock is a crypto plugin for VIA x86 processors, it does not work on
ARM.