[strongSwan] Strongswan on android gingerbread

Federico.Mancini at ffi.no Federico.Mancini at ffi.no
Wed Oct 26 20:05:50 CEST 2011

YES! It was the algorithms! I finally got a tunnel!
I have no idea which specific algorithm it was that was missing, I just enabled a bunch of them, but most likely AES, which I guess
is the de facto standard for symmetric cryptography rather than DES.
By the way, where do I see which algorithms are being negotiated?
I could see them only after the connection succeeded by using ipsec statusall, in the security association section, that was empty before when it failed.

Thanks again for all your prompt and clear replies!

Next I guess I will see if something can be done to make this work with IPv6 and with certificates rather than username and password.
So I am sorry, but you will probably hear a lot from me again :)

Federico