[strongSwan] Strongswan on android gingerbread

Federico.Mancini at ffi.no Federico.Mancini at ffi.no
Fri Oct 21 16:02:14 CEST 2011

Ok...mistery solved, but I need help to fix it.
There was no android.mk file in the realease I download....
I had gotten the strongswan-4.2.9-stable-4853.tar.bz2 file from the download section, and extracted it in the external folder of the android source tree, but without the android.mk file, I guess
It was never even considered in the building process.
Then I downloaded the source tree instead and copied that in the external folder. This time I get a lot of compilation errors instead (which at least means that it is
Considered in the build process).
These are the some of the errors, which I find strange since they are about files which are there, but are not found, maybe some path error somewhere:

target arm C: charon <= external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:36:19: error: hydra.h: No such
file or directory
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:37:20: error: daemon.h: No
such file or directory
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:39:21: error: library.h: No
such file or directory
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:40:29: error:
utils/backtrace.h: No such file or directory
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:41:30: error:
threading/thread.h: No such file or directory
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:64: error: expected ')' before 'group'
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:69: error: expected ')' before 'group'
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c: In function 'run':
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:97: error: 'TRUE' undeclared
(first use in this function)
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:97: error: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:97: error: for each function
it appears in.)
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:105: warning: implicit
declaration of function 'DBG1'
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:105: error: 'DBG_DMN'
undeclared (first use in this function)
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:114: error: 'lib' undeclared
(first use in this function)
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:114: error: 'FALSE' undeclared
(first use in this function)
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:127: error: 'charon'
undeclared (first use in this function)
external/strongswan/src/charon/charon.c:127: error:
'ALERT_SHUTDOWN_SIGNAL' undeclared (first use in this function)

Here http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Android it says that I should "Download the current tarball (or build it yourself from the strongSwan source tree)".
Now I don't understand why I should build a tarball just to extract it again, so I just downloaded the source tree with git in the external folder of android, but if that was an essential step,
How do I build the tarball from the source tree?

Federico