[strongSwan] need help with strongswan HA setup

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Fri Oct 21 10:44:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

> The HA setup supported by Strongswan is Active/Active or
> Active/standby ?

It supports Active/Active configurations, but each CHILD_SA is actually
Active/Passive. The active node might be different for each CHILD_SA,
resulting in a load sharing between the two nodes if you run more than a
single CHILD_SA.

You may also run on Active/Passive setup only be defining just a single
segment.

> Are there any document apart from Above link which can be refered for
> Strongswan HA?

No, the Wiki page is currently all we have.